Heart & Stroke BLS
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives. It is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings or by those in a healthcare training program.
Basic Life Support teaches single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
It will train you to quickly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED through simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
- Reflects science of the most recent Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including team dynamics
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants